Senior Research Fellow
Nanyang Technological University
Email: TFKONG1@e.ntu.edu.sg; email@example.com
Tian Fook Kong received the B.Eng. degree from the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2007. He received dual M.S. degree in Computational Engineering from both the National University of Singapore and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He worked as a research associate at the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University before joining the Nanyang Technological University and the BioSystems and Micromechanics IRG at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre as a Ph.D student. He obtained his Ph.D in 2015
- Kong, T. F.*, Shen, X.*, Marcos, and Yang, C., “Lab-on-chip Microfluidic Impedance Measurement for Laminar Flow Ratio Sensing and Differential Conductivity Difference Detection”, Applied Physics Letters, 110:233501 (2017).
- Tran, D. Q., Kong, T. F., Hu, D., Marcos, and Lam, R. H. W., “ Deterministic sequential isolation of floating cancer cells under continuous flow”, Lab on a Chip, DOI: 10.1039/C6LC00615A (2016).
- Kong, T. F., Ye, W., Peng, W. K., Hou, H. W., Marcos, Preiser, P., Nguyen, N. T., and Han, J.,”Enhancing Malaria Diagnosis through Microfluidic Cell Enrichment and Magnetic Resonance Relaxometry Detection,” Scientific Reports, 5: 11425 (2015).
- Weng Kung Peng, Tian Fook Kong, Chee Sheng Ng, Lan Chen, Yongxue Huang, Ali Asgar S Bhagat, Nam-Trung Nguyen, Peter Rainer Preiser & Jongyoon Han, Micromagnetic resonance relaxometry for rapid label-free malaria diagnosis, Nature Medicine 20, 1069–1073 (2014) doi:10.1038/nm.3622.
- TF Kong and NT Nguyen, Liquid metal microcoils for sensing and actuation in lab-on-a-chip applications, Microsystem Technologies, DOI 10.1007/s00542-013-1907-8 (2013).
- TF Kong, WK Peng, TD Luong, NT Nguyen, and J Han, Adhesive-based liquid metal radio-frequency microcoil for magnetic resonance relaxometry measurement, Lab on a Chip 12 (2), 287-294 (2012).
- TF Kong, HS E, HS Sugiarto, HF Liew, X Wang, WS Lew, NT Nguyen, and Y Chen, An efficient microfluidic sorter: implementation of double meandering micro striplines for magnetic particles switching, Microfluidics and nanofluidics 10 (5), 1069-1078 (2011).
- NT Nguyen, TF Kong, JH Goh and CLN Low, Micro optofluidic splitter and switch based on hydrodynamic spreading, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol. 17, No. 11, pp. 2169-2174 (2007).